In the past 48 hours I have:
- Crushed it on my Duolingo French practice quizzes (and I’m talking even with those irresponsible irregular verbs).
- Let Hugo Jacomet educate me about bespoke tailor Lorenzo Cifonelli.
- Almost completed my Christmas buying (one left).
- Re-connected with two former colleagues: Sachin and Tawney.
- Sampled a 2017 Carneros Saintsbury Chardonnay, which is so going into my collection.
- Watched Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, the one with Eddie Murphy. I highly recommend, Eddie’s a gem of a storyteller.
- Chatted it up with Marty in Cardiff … twice, and going to again in about 23 minutes.
- Cleaned the floors.
- Opened the windows in December.
- Felt the sun on my face …
And in honour of these last 48 hours, I’m sharing a favourite clip from the Tennessee Kid himself. A guy who masterfully mixes gentil with humour with charm. Just like my weekend. Cheers Nate.